Ex-BNP Banker’s Aristagora Plans Japan IPO Business Expansion
Aristagora Advisors Co., run by a former BNP Paribas SA banker, plans to help a Japanese company sell shares on the Singapore stock exchange next year as it expands its financial advisory business.
The Tokyo-based company targets to list two to three local companies every year, said Chief Executive Officer Takeshi Shinoda, a former head of Japanese equity and equity derivatives business at BNP Paribas. The first deal may mark the first company from Japan to be listed in Singapore, he said, declining to elaborate because the information is private.
Aristagora is seeking to capitalize on rising demand for Japanese companies that are planning to list their shares abroad to broaden their financing options. Forty-four Japanese companies have announced plans to sell shares in Hong Kong this year, followed by 28 in South Korea and 25 in Singapore, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. In Japan, 39 companies plan to list their stocks, the data showed.
“Companies with potential for growth aren’t getting access to funding and the market is failing to reward those companies,” Shinoda said in an interview in Tokyo.
Aristagora provides services to Japanese companies seeking to sell shares overseas by obtaining access to lawyers and auditors as well as underwriters in addition to liaising with exchanges, Shinoda said.
Among the most recent Japanese companies that sold shares abroad was Dynam Japan Holdings Co., a pachinko hall operator that went public in Hong Kong in August.
By Komaki Ito
Link of the article. (Japanese Only)
- Recent Information
- » Takeshi Shinoda, the CEO of Aristagora Advisors Co.,ltd has been interviewed by The Japan Times17/08/01
- » We hold a study session in regard to Market foresight in 2014.14/02/14
- » We will have Singapore listing seminar in Tokyo (21 Oct) and Nagoya(23 Oct).13/10/10
- » Our client, Xyec Holdings Co., Ltd., is listed on the Catalist of the Singapore Exchange (“SGX”) on 18 September 2013.13/10/10
- » Our client, Xyec Holdings Co., Ltd., is accepted the listing application by the Singapore Exchange (“SGX”).13/10/10
- » We joined Singapore listing seminar hold by Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC.13/10/10